Saturday, July 11, 2009

Grammy...THE GREAT ONE!


I wanted to dedicate this page to my Gram! I don't have any spectacular story to share, just a few words and memories for her.

I don't make it to see you nearly enough and I always wish that Zach and I could be there more. This picture of the two of you on the Fourth of July is great! He just sat and hung out with you with out a care in the world. I know you always look forward to seeing him. It makes me so happy to see how you look at him. I'm glad I FINALLY had a baby and you can enjoy him too.

I think about all the time that Jay Jay and I used to spend with you when we were young. We had so much fun. Remember the Ice Capades in Connecticut with Blanche and Bob? I will never forget playing with that old fashioned shoe shine machine Bob had in their house! We thought that was the funniest thing. How about our trip to California to see Freida? Janie came to and we went everywhere! Disney & Knotts Berry Farm and Sea World! And that crazy cheap motel we stayed in with mirrors on the ceiling! Jay Jay and I thought that was pretty cool...but I can only imagine what the grown ups were thinking!! I know what I think now! I can remember coming to your house to have a sleep over and watch the Wizard of Oz - back in the days that it aired only once a year! Do you remember when Big Jay took Jay Jay and me out on the boat and we went swimming and he lost his keys in the lake? You had to come and get us - or bring us keys. There are so many little things like that - that I remember! Jay Jay and I were with you so much - and you have given us so many memories to hold for a lifetime. I just want you to know how much that all meant to me and that I still remember and am grateful for the time! Above all I am grateful for the time that you get to spend with Zach and the pictures that will last a lifetime! I was hoping that I had a picture loaded on my computer of you with me when I was little - but I don't at the moment. I will track some down and scan them in so we will have them for another day! I will be able to tell him all my memories of you when he is grown up! Thank you - we love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment